14 Jun Artwork Formats for Professional Results
At St Louis SignWorks we typically deal with logos and artwork elements that will be scaled up and produced in large format. To get the best quality reproduction we will need your logo or graphics to be provided to us in vector format. Don’t feel bad if you’re not sure what that is, unless you’re in the graphics industry you probably haven’t used it before. Below is an example of non-vector vs. vector images below. Non-vector images become pixellated as the image expands. The vector format on the right can be scaled to any size without losing the sharp lines.
Where to find Your Vector Logo
- The first place to look would be in the files provided by the designer who created your logo. Typical file suffixes would be .ai, .pdf, eps, .svg. Still not sure? Send your file to us; we are happy to check your files! Depending on how it was saved that .pdf might or might not be an editable vector image.
- The next option is to ask your designer for the file. Assuming he or she still has your original artwork file, it’s just a matter of saving it as an editable pdf. This should be easily accomplished in a minute or two.
- If you still can’t get your hands on it, we can still help you. We can recreate the logo into a vector image. Depending on the complexity of your design the cost typically ranges between $40-$60. The best part is the file becomes YOURS to keep!
Design services at St Louis SignWorks
Depending on the complexity of your project, we offer 3 Levels of Graphic Design Services
- No charge for completed artwork, meaning your design team has already created sized up and ready-to-produce graphics.
- Simple layout, meaning we specify sizing or simple wording with or without your logo. $30 (proof included)
- For more complex designs that involves significant wording, design, layout, and procurement of design elements we charge $65 per hour. For these design projects we ask that you furnish the wording, and have as much information as possible in terms of style, colors, and needed stock images. Stock images or special fonts start at $20, but can increase significantly. We offer all Adobe fonts for no additional charge. Our favorite place to look for stock images is Fotolia.com and Adobe Stock Images. Another option is to do a Google search using the images tab.
Proofs will be created after project parameters are agreed upon.
Still have questions? Call us at 314-485-8000 or fill out the form on the right. We are always happy to answer any questions about your project.